Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Pickup Artist Season 2 Episode 1 on VH1

Well I saw this about a week ago when VH1 "leaked" it and the Atlanta Lair picked it up, and found the marketing ploy worked great... because I found myself having to know if my hunch was right about who'd get canned. So I watched it all over again on Sunday night.
Yeah I was right. I thought there was a slight possibility Mystery might dump Rian instead of Alex, which would have been really disappointing, but I just had one of those Unicorny hunches about the fat boy.
What I don't like about the show is how they cut the real hardcases off first. In episode 1 Mystery was DIEING to can the old dude. He almost looked flustered trying to not be so obvious about convincing Spoon to stay. And this season he goes for the hardest case first. It begs the question, can MM really work for any guy? Or does it just work for young guys who aren't overweight? I didn't see Joe D. get any make-outs last year either.

Now, the show has already been recapped buy some famous PUAs, and out of the three I read I found Mehow's most insightful.

Mehow's Blog

Mehow might be a little over-into this, like an obssessive sports fan, but he's got the best updates, insider news, and probably the most informed take on it.

Yeah he's using his critiques and Pick Up Artist Hits to subtly show customers that he knows his shit and could easily transform these sufferers of "surface problems," but he was spot on for the most part.

I'm glad to see he agreed with me on a few points, but was surprised he thought that Alex slips into "gay mode" as opposed to really being gay.
Trust me, Alex has just GOT to be gay or there is no order left anywhere in the universe!

Here were my comments to Mehow's initial post:

How many openers and gimmicks are they going to expose? I’m glad it’s Mystery and not Neil or he’d prolly expose HW analysis and the Cube for us.
Will the contestents still be getting a open VIP couch and limo so that bouncing to isolation is easy even for an afc?
I was mainly upset about Spoon getting eliminated last time, even though he did it to himself. It reminded me of that poor country boy in Full Metal Jacket. I hope that Spoon continued his studies and is doing well with girls these days, I LIKED him!
Also, there was only one guy over like 25 on the show last time. He was 40 plus and pretty hopeless. Are they going to have some 30 plus peeps on there this time?
If Mystery and his boys are the kings of teaching club game, then he needs to get a 40 year old to the last elimination. Teaching youngin’s game on shallow chicks isn’t all that impressive, but if that 40 something had of actually gotten laid I might have been impressed.

-Maestro

Mehow Says:

Spoon’s been getting laid hard core so you don’t have to worry about him.

The cast is younger this time than last season which I’m not happy about … i’d like them to show some 35+ people with success. VH1 caters to the older crowd so I’m not sure why it was all young all the time.

I wasn’t happy about Spoon quitting either - expect more stuff like that this season though.

I don’t think a lot of gambits will be exposed … the infield segments are brief like last season plus the guys were teaching a lot of natural game.

-Mehow

Mehow's Pick: He's Pulling for Karl, Alex, Rian and the Asian guys but looks like he thinks Simeon will Win

Next up is Sinn's post on the game. I didn't think it was as insightful as Mehow's, but at least he recognized Alex's obvious pure unadulterated gheyness. I don't have anything against gay people, but when they pretend to be on the other side just to get TV time and a chance to breathe in their heart-throb celbrity's shadow, it kinda ticks me off. were Rian and Alex the only actual loser's loser's to choose from? They couldn't find a fat effiminate guy who actually WANTS help getting laid....by women?

Here are my responses to Sinn's post, who I already have a slight issue with for falsely and subtly putting down other Seduction Systems in order to promote his upcoming Coaching Program in the guise of a "Game Accelorator" free mini-ebook that was mostly rehashed stuff. But much respect for him because he actually let my comments fly by his screening:
Sinn's Blog

Here are some of Sinn's comments that kinda irked me:

Now it's time for Mystery and Matador to go in. This year they don't peacock. They both do well despite being C list celebrities. Seriously VH1? I know they didn't peacock but they still get recognized as they walk in. You can see it on the show. they're greeted by a mixed group before they say anything as The Pick Up Artist guys... This proves nothing. O.J Simpson still gets laid by hot girls and he allegedly killed his last wife. Fame overrides all game. They should have had a few of VA's approach coaches go in, so that the guys could actually see real cold approaches. I feel like VH1 really dropped the ball here....

After the formalities of the guys being amazed by celebrities making out with girls, it's time for makeovers.

-Sinn

Uhh...what they showed was a neatly edited typical night out for a guy like me when I DON'T get laid. What warranted Sinn to think that celebrity status would be needed for even a mediocre PUA to get this kind of action? Maybe some of the girl's recognized Matador and Mystery, but I don't doubt that they could do it without being famous in another club at all...because I do the same damn thing all the time and I'm not famous!

What was the big deal? An eskimo kiss? A make-out? Introducing girls to your friends? A woman striking up a conversation with a person she doesn't know by grabbing him while he walks by? Acknowledging a woman so she won't drag her friend away? Wow mad skills, dude.

Sounds like a typical night at a bar to me, and it doesn't even mean you're getting laid.

Doesn't this happen to you, Sinn?

OK next wierd comment-


"Tara's a hot chick I don't respect because she slept with Mystery. Or so the rumor I've heard goes. I have absolutely no respect for any girl who sleeps with Erik, and have actually canceled dates with girls because of this."

Your girls have slept with worse than Mystery, Sinn. they're girls, they have hormones, so what? That's just your pride limiting your opportunitties...or something.

Yeah I guess she's a hot chick, in fact beautiful, just not very sexual or sensual. Too much work to get her out of autopilot and into the 4th level of her mind, for way too little sexual reward. Who cares if she slept with Mystery.


"Tara is also a REMARKABLY bad actress. She's so unconvincing they have to cut away from her as she's talking about how she believes in what Mystery teaches."

Yeah and she prolly doesn't even know she doesn't believe in it.

"Wow one guy had never had a professional haircut. How does that even happen? I mean at what point do you decide it's not ok for your mom to cut your hair anymore. For me it was like 6."

How? It can happen when your not a metrosexual in LA. I shave my own shit and it looks delicious, bitch! Just the shadow of the bowie knife.


"We get the first almost breakdown of the show by Rian, and Tara does a half assed job of reassuring him. She halfheartedly tells him that EVERYONE has insecurities. Thank you for your insight Tara. I totally see why they got rid of the awesome Jdog for you."

I wonder if Sinn would have put down Speed Seduction in his Game Acceleration post if he had known that praising J-Dog contradicts what he said about the method, as J-Dog was a very successful SS student before he got into Planet Hollywood?


You can read the rest of Sinn's article here:


Sinn on PUA 2

Sinn's Faorite: Carl, the guy who got cheated on, plays half-ass guitar, and works at Radio Shack.

Now last up is Thundercat's take on this whole thing. Thundie would have made a good contestant, as he is an rafc despite his yearly Top 10 PUA List. he is a social fat guy with mad internet marketing skills and a great sense of humor, but I'm far from convinced that he actually has sex with any of his hot female friends. He looks like LJBF material if I ever saw it, and he teaches mostly AFC game. A guy needs something more powerful than just dating tips on steroids when he's fat and bald, and Thundie seems absolutely carebear huggy to me.

Thundercat on The PUA

Here are my comments:


BTW…King Kosmo did worse than the fatty his first night out, but Mystery didn’t fire him.
‘Splain that!
I think it’s cuz the dude is gay and Mystery knew it, whether the dude knows it or not.
Forget the silly bling- did you see the SCARF on that broom-pusher?
Erik von aint lettin’ nobody live at the pad who’s just there for the 10 secs of fame.

Yup the “Spark” Mystery was talking about was……..ACTUAL ATTRACTION TO WOMEN! A desire to bang them, even!

Not a desire to parade your fat-ass ‘cross a department store wearing something FABulous while your crush’s film crew follows it!

I wonder if the boy gave Mystery an SOI backstage and it freaked him?

-Maestro

Thundercat's Pick for Winner: Todd, the guy in LJBF land, or Kevin, the afro-less Asian guy.



Seduction Maestro's Pick: Simeon Vs. Greg in the finals. Simeon has more drive, greg has more creativity. We shall see.

One thing I disagree with all the critics on - this season's contestants aren't any more afc than last year's. No old dude even. The only fat guy got eliminated immediately. Only guy left that would really impress me if he got good is Rian, and even he can do it easily. I wanna see some REAL nerds with REAL problems, and I want to see them changed like they get changed as SS and Essential Skills seminars...or I'll keep thinking that MM is just good for normal guys.


And by the way, where are the black dudes? Is it the stereotype that African Americans are born with game? Certainly African is more prevalent than Phillipino in America? Why isn't Jesse Jackson stomping on Mystery's fur hat about now?

Next season I want old guys, bald guys, fat guys, and really ugly guys...or it means that MM aint as powerful as another system I know about!

No comments: